Friday, January 9, 2009

Biggest Loser

As a family we decided to do the biggest loser. Each couple put in $20 and at the end of 90 days who ever has lost the most weight will get the pot of money. Jared and I have started to workout together and I went back to teaching my spin classes this week. Let's just say that it will be hard, but I'm going to go out and say that I think I'm going to win. I've recruited my neighbor Carla, who is a nutritionist to look at my food journal daily and she's going to take me grocery shopping soon. I'm excited to start this program. It's amazing how much better I feel just after making this goal and beginning a regimen. I want to do it the right way and keep it off, not just lose to lose for the competition. I know I'll be happier if I can learn the skills to eat right for the rest of my life. I've flip flopped from diet to diet and been up and down with my weight, but I think I can do this the right way and hopefully keep a good consistent weight. I've always loved working out, competing in local cycling events, triathlons, and have even run marathons, but my diet has always been terrible. I'm a snacker and late night eater and that is all going to change. Here I am with a new year ahead of me and feel fortunate that I have a body that I can change.

1 comment:

Megan said...

You go girl! But just so you know...the competition is on!! Love you!